Group Split Tours (Canoeing & Walking)
Inquire For Group Rates.
Type of Clientele served: Group Tours, School Groups, Corporate Groups
Classification of Packages: Outdoor adventure, Hiking/Walking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Guided tours, Boat excursions
Product Interest: Canoeing, Walking, Wildlife, Aboriginal village sites, Vegetation education
Dates: Open seasonally from May 1 to October 31
Duration: 2 Hour Tour
Group Size: Minimum of 40 ppl
Existing Since: 1999
Company Profile: Listen to ancient knowledge and wisdom of traditional methods used for identifying and harvesting indigenous flora and fauna on this two hour ground tour through the ancestral ground of Whey-ah-Wichen (Faces the Wind) Park.
Tour description: Experience interpretive paddles in replica ocean-going canoes, similar to those used by the TWN historically and listen to ancient knowledge and wisdom of traditional methods used for identifying and harvesting indigenous flora and fauna while guides from the Coast Salish Nation sing songs, tell legends and point out ancient village sites.
Example Group Tour Itinerary
Tour: Group Tour 2
Date: June 21
Activities: Split Tour (Canoeing and Walking)
Time: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
12:45 pm Meet at Cates Park, North Vancouver
• Take the first exit off the Second Narrows bridge (Dollarton Highway Exit)
• Follow Dollarton Highway east until you reach Cates Park, approx. 7 minutes from the Second Narrows bridge
• Meet at the covered picnic tables by the dock
1:00 pm Traditional Welcoming
1:10 pm Canoeing Safety Instruction
1:15 pm Northwest Coast Ocean-going Canoe Tour: First Nation guides will sing songs, tell legends and the history of the Burrard Inlet while participants paddle in the canoes.
2:15 pm Rainforest Walking Tour starts
3:00 pm Good-byes
(Tour may start with Rainforest walking tour)
Payment Terms and Policies:
- Takaya Tours requires bookings to be 2 weeks in advance with a credit card number or 50% deposit to guarantee reservation date
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, cheques and cash
- If tour is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice, 50% of total bill will be charged
- Tours will proceed rain of shine, and will only be cancelled if Takaya Tours deems that the conditions are unsafe
- All participants are required to sign medical and liability release form before activities