Adults: 2hr/$70 4hr/$120 5hr/$150
Youth: 2hr/$40 4hr/$75 5hr/$85
Post Secondary: 2hr/$55 4hr/$100 5hr/$115
Type of Clientele served: Group Tours, School Groups, Corporate Groups
Classification of Packages: Outdoor adventure, Hiking/Walking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Guided tours, Boat excursions
Product Interest: Canoeing, Wildlife, Aboriginal village sites
Dates: Open seasonally from May 1 to October 31
Duration: 2-hour tour
Group Size: Minimum of 19 adults or 16 students
Existing Since: 1999
Company Profile: Takaya Tours is a premier, cultural tourism business owned by the Tsleil-Waututh Nation (TWN) of North Vancouver. Operating from bases in Cates Park (Whey-Ah-Wichen) in North Vancouver and (Tum-tumay-wheuton) in Belcarra Regional Park, Port Moody. Takaya Tours offers a range of safe and exciting activities that mix outdoor adventure with an authentic interpretation of Coast Salish culture.
Tour description: At the core of the business are guided, interpretive paddles in replica ocean-going canoes, similar to those used by the TWN historically. Guests gently paddle in the protected waters of the Burrard Inlet and beautiful Indian Arm while guides from the Coast Salish Nation sing songs, tell legends and point out ancient village sites.
Example Group Tour Itinerary:
Tour: Group Tour 1
Date: June 21
Activities: First Nation Ocean-going Canoe Tour
Time: 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
12:50 pm Meet at Cates Park, North Vancouver
• Take the first exit off the Second Narrows bridge (Dollarton Highway Exit)
• Follow Dollarton Highway east until you reach Cates Park, approx. 7 minutes from the Second Narrows bridge
• Meet at the covered picnic tables by the dock
1:00 pm Traditional Welcoming
1:10 pm Canoeing Safety Instruction
1:15 pm Northwest Coast Ocean-going Canoe Tour: First Nation guides will sing songs, tell legends and the history of the Burrard Inlet while participants paddle in the canoes.
3:00 pm Good-byes
Itinerary is subject to change without notice.
Payment Terms and Policies:
- Takaya Tours requires bookings to be 2 weeks in advance with a credit card number or 50% deposit to guarantee reservation date
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, cheques and cash
- If tour is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice, 50% of total bill will be charged
- Tours will proceed rain of shine, and will only be cancelled if Takaya Tours deems that the conditions are unsafe
- All participants are required to sign medical and liability release form before activities