Cultural Boat Excursion
Adults: 2hr/$75 4hr/$125
Youth: 2hr/$45 4hr/$75
Post Secondary: 2hr/$60 4hr/$90
Type of Clientele served: Group Tours, School Groups, Corporate Groups
Classification of Packages: Outdoor adventure, Hiking/Walking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Guided tours, Boat excursions
Product Interest: Boating, Wildlife, Aboriginal Village Sites, Vegetation education, Salmon spawning education
Dates: Open all year
Duration: 2, 4, 5 Hour Tours
Group Size: Minimum of 15 adults and/or 30 students
Company Profile: Takaya Tours is a premier, cultural tourism business owned by the Tsleil-Waututh Nation (TWN) of North Vancouver. Operating from bases in Cates Park (Whey-Ah-Wichen) in North Vancouver and (Tum-tumay-wheuton) in Belcarra Regional Park, Port Moody. Takaya Tours offers a range of safe and exciting activities that mix outdoor adventure with an authentic interpretation of Coast Salish culture.
Tour description: Come and experience Indian Arm on certified Transport Canada vessels that can accommodate up to 40 people on a single boat. You will hear guides from the Coast Salish Nation sing songs, tell legends, see pictographs, and point out ancient village sites.
This tour offers deep blue waters, an abundance of wildlife, soaring mountains, cascading waterfalls, rich forest and magnificent architecture. See the spectacular Granite and Silver Falls, the fabled Wigwam Inn, rugged islands, castle-like Buntzen Lake Power Stations and Pictographs from over thousands of years old.
Example Group Tour Itinerary
Tour: Group Tour 6
Date: March 7
Activities: Cultural Boat Excursion
Time: 11:00 am to 3pm
10:50 am Meet at Cates Park, North Vancouver
- Take the first exit off the Second Narrows bridge (Dollarton Highway Exit)
- Follow Dollarton Highway east until you reach Cates Park, approx. 7 minutes from the Second Narrows bridge
- Meet at the dock
11:00 am Traditional Welcoming
11:10 am Boat Safety Instruction
11:15 am Boat to different areas up Indian Arm, Village sites, Islands, etc.
3:00 pm Good-byes
Itinerary subject to change without notice
Payment Terms and Policies:
- Takaya Tours requires bookings to be 2 weeks in advance with a credit card number or 50% deposit to guarantee reservation date
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, cheques and cash
- If tour is cancelled with less than 48 hours notice, 50% of total bill will be charged
- Tours will proceed rain of shine, and will only be cancelled if Takaya Tours deems that the conditions are unsafe
- All participants are required to sign medical and liability release form before activities